i've been reduced to an errand runner

Ava was quizzing me about Mark's job, how he builds houses, why he builds houses, who lives in the houses, etc. And then the conversation turned to me.

Ava: Mommy, now that you don't work anymore, you just run errands.
Me: I do have to run errands sometimes to take care of things for the family, but mostly I just spend time with you and Isaac.
Ava: Well, when I'm a Mommy, I don't want to be an errand runner. I want to be a doctor.


2 comments:

Amanda said...

I think you should print this out, and keep it in a drawer for her one day. You just never know when you might need to pull this out as a sweet reminder to her...of her dreams, or maybe how dreams change sometimes. =)

For what it's worth, you're one of the best "errand runners" I know. =)

Nicole said...

oh my goodness, Ava. Hilarious! For what it's worth, I'm sure you are the best errand runner ever. =)